Wednesday 16 April 2014

The Amazing Spiderman 2

Trying to process exactly what just happened in The Amazing Spiderman 2: difficulty even trying to fathom it all.

It was 143 minutes of pure entertainment. I’m a big fan of Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, and boy do they borrow a sizzle from their off-screen romance and blast it up to amplified heats on. screen. There’s a huge transformation between the first and second of the prequels – they’re both mature, they both know what they want, and they’re both quite stubborn.

Peter has come into his skin, and this is portrayed beautifully by such mind-blowing effects that make you feel like you’re hitching a piggyback. One could only wish, hey? Humour is used throughout the film (more so in my opinion than the previous) and it’s so refreshingly light to tip-toe between drama and that comedic element that makes the film (and Peter) so humble. The character of Gwen has obviously so ravishingly blossomed: Gwen has always, in my view, had an aura of confidence about her that was captivating, but, Stone definitely takes Gwen to the next level. There’s less fickleness and more risks that make the movie so, so thrilling. Emma’s own personality definitely shines through for that little element of sexy-but-innocent-sex-bomb-kinda vibe.

Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan are incredible. The villians ‘Electro’ and the ‘Green Goblin’ are almost, ALMOST loveable they’re that well portrayed. It’s always difficult with prequels to live up to an already adapted character but boy was it good.

The story in itself broke my heart many-a-times, and I definitely shed my fair share of tears. I’m not made of ice. It was brutal towards the end but I guess things have to go wrong for them to go oh so right again (*no spoilers* but let’s not pretend we don’t know about Mary Jane…)

Last but not least was my OTP. The special effects and the orchestra made the most alluring cinematic babies I have seen so far. It’s genius in the way of synchronisation, genius in the incorporation of the Spiderman theme tune (and Incy Winsy Spider alike!) and genius in the art of breaking hearts and putting them back together again. Although I didn’t watch this movie in 3D (I got tickets to Vue’s Xtreme screen) it would’ve probably vamped up the movie to impossible reaches.

I do not have a bad word to say apart from the evident disappointment I have that there’s probably never going to be another one… meh.

I highly recommend you go see it for yourself. But if you're still on the fence, why not check out the trailer right here?
Image is not mine: it belongs to projectfandom


L.

No comments:

Post a Comment