Thursday 17 April 2014

My Running Playlist


I’m a newbie at the gym, but for as long as I remember, I’ve kept a running playlist on my phone to ‘motivate’ me. One day my flatmate asked me what songs I had on there, and I thought it’d make an interesting blogpost for you exercise buffs out there –or y’know, you wanna do your cardio in the form of dancing around to hella upbeat tunes.

First of all, it’d make sense for me to tell you that I have a little routine (which I switch up every now and then to keep my body challenged. I start off with a 10 minute warm-up at Level 8 on an exercise bike (obviously these levels vary depending on the bike’s brand, but let’s just say it’s around gear 5ish?)  After this, I stretch those freakin legs out before they feel stiff. That’s probably the wrong way to do it but y’know, I like the way I do it. Anyways, after I warm up, I do interval cardio. I walk for 10 minutes at a high incline and medium speed, to warm my legs up gradually again.

I then run like the wind. Or, try to, I guess. I run a kilometre in about 8ish minutes. That’s where the real shit kicks in and I’m sweating like a p i g. …never really got that saying. I drink water every time a song ends to keep super hydrated. Also, trying to drink large volumes of water every 10 minutes as opposed to small gulps every 4 really screws up with my breathing- and I hear getting oxygen into your blood stream is pretty important.

So, on to my playlist! Of course, I have it on shuffle so I don’t know what comes next.

  1. Accidentally In Love – Counting Crows
  2. Anklebiters – Paramore
  3. Angel of Small Death & The Codeine Scene – Hozier
  4. Big Yellow Taxi – Joni Mitchell
  5. Black Skinhead – Kanye West
  6. Break It Down – Traphik & Twankstar
  7. Burn – Ellie Goulding (Codeko Dubstep Remix)
  8. Come On Eileen – Dexys Midnight Runners
  9. Dear River – Kina Grannis
  10. Dirty Litte Secret – The All-American Rejects
  11. Diva – Beyonce
  12. Feel The Love – Rudimental (Kill Paris Remix)
  13. Girls – The 1975
  14. Gives You Hell – The All-American Rejects
  15. Hero – Childish Gambino
  16. Let’s Get It Started – Black Eyed Peas
  17. Love Lockdown – Kanye West
  18. Love On Top – Beyonce
  19. No Interruption – Hoodie Allen
  20. Pump It – Black Eyed Peas
  21. Ring The Alarm - Beyonce
  22. Say My Name – Destiny’s Child
  23. Sorry feat. Big Sean – Naya Rivera
  24. Still Into You – Paramore
  25. Sweet Louise – The Belle Brigade
  26. Swing, Swing – The All-American Rejects
  27. Slow Down – Selena Gomez
  28. Stronger – Kanye West
  29. Timber – Ke$ha ft. Pitbull (Gordon & Doyle Quick Fix Remix)
  30. Touch The Sky – Kanye West
  31. 3005 – Childish Gambino


I hope you get a couple new songs from this playlist! Happy exercising :)

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment