Sunday 13 April 2014

My Top 5 Instagrams

Hi hi hi,

Hope this post finds you well and happy!

Here's a little backstory to set the mood… So, I've actually had Instagram since 2010, before it became a widely used app. There were hardly any celebrities on there and I came across the most breathtaking photos I've ever seen. Now it has become a social platform, with, (and I'm sure you'd agree) a lot of people forgetting the art of taking pictures and instead, choosing to post leisurely. I am definitely one of these people (although I tried, and failed, at being artsy in my early days) and so in no way am I condoning HAVING FUN. Nah, nah, nah.

But, at the same time, I miss the breathtaking photographs that I used to see on the popular page, instead of Kim Kardashian at the beach, selfies, and people trying to make Instagram "Vines".

So, I'd like to share with you some of my favourite, really amazing Instagrammers that have feeds that you could waste hours scrolling through. Make sure you have your phone on standby to check them out for yourselves!

1) @WithHearts - Cory's Instagram makes me want to pack all my things and go travelling with somebody I love. He captures the nooks and crannies of the world that we don't so often get to see: paralysed rivers, haunting train tracks and flexuous roads. If you can't get enough, you could also check out Cory's blog!

2. @HarryCrowder - I first came across Harry via Jack & Finn Harries of @JacksGap on YouTube. I then discovered that Harry was a photographer… thinking that he did some mediocre, super hip indie stuff on Instagram (not that there is anything wrong with that!) I took a look to check out his snaps. And boy was I wrong. Definitely not mediocre. Anything far from, in fact. Photographing the likes of Emma Watson and Cara Delevingne (to drop but a few names), Harry's eye for beauty is so evident. Although he has just 50 photos on his Instagram, I keep following in pure anticipation. You could check out Harry's website if his IG leaves you wanting more…

3. @DR_WOO-SSC - This is one for all you tattoo lovers out there. I am genuinely in love with all the designs and tattoos done at the Shamrock Social Club, but even more specifically, Dr Woo's pieces (his best 'piece' is his ADORABLE son of which he posts the cutest pictures of!) They are so intricate and finely detailed that its no wonder that celebrity customers are plentiful. I'm twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the day that I can afford to fly over to California to get one of these bad boys done. If you're impressed by their designs and technique or you just wanna. see. more. their website is right here!

4. @MinimalistBaker - You might've heard of the blog… and if you haven't, you definitely should check it out! Minimalist Baker is Dana Shultz, who has conjured up recipes to vegan cuisine since 2012! And boy do they look good. If you're a food or someone looking into healthy indulgences, you need Dana in your life. Dare ya not to salivate whilst scrolling through her feed!

5. @Swopes - Swopes So Dope or "Elise Swopes" is a graphic designer and mobile photographer. Ya heard it, mobile photographer. The coolest, unique quirk about Swopes is that her pictures are all taken on her iPhone. Sure, they're edited here and there, but c'mon: they look like something a Canon or Nikon would shoot after a twiddle with the lens or a play about with its settings. Think about the population of people with an iPhone (millyunz and millyzunz amiright?!) and then think about just how many people are able to capture such pultchritude and exquisiteness with them. Swopes also has a website for you to scroll through with your jaw comfortably dropped to the floor.

A couple other Instagrams that I love: @jethromullen, @harisnukem, @dielliot, @mase_cut and, with absolutely no shame at all, @laurenconrad. big up The Hills!


Hope you like these Instagrams as much as I do! I hope you have a lovely week :)


L.


No comments:

Post a Comment