Saturday 12 April 2014

Matte Eyeshadows

Hi lovelies!
            I have a new found love. We’re happy. We get along. We’re still in the honeymoon stage, and y’know, I really appreciate this partnership.

…and well, my post title might’ve given it away: I love matte eyeshadows.
It’s a bit of post-poned love, I think. I’ve allowed my adoration for shimmery eyeshadows to blossom and grow, but I’ve often neglected the matte. But alas, a smack to the back of my hand! I’m sorry, ‘Foxy’, for not loving you like you so deserve. You are a brilliant base colour for my eyes.

At the moment, though, I’m doting on ‘Buck’, from the Naked palette. It’s a brilliant darker nude colour to put in your crease to make your eyes look deeper or more sunken in, if that’s the way you’re swinging towards! It’s also brilliant in the summer sun, I think, because you don’t get the same intense specks of glitter amplified all over your face like you do with the glitzy schmitzy shades! Like really, buckin’ hell, it’s great.

Of course, I can’t separate from my first amor – my matte collection is still yet to grow, and so shimmery shadows are still my number one. But I’ve changed it up a little bit, and combined the two. My routine eye shadow makeup is ‘Virgin’ all over my lid (and in the corner of my eyes by the bridge of the nose to make my eyes look that teeny bit bigger and brighter), ‘Naked’ in the arch of my eyebrows and ‘Buck’ in the crease.

Nekkid nekkid nekkid. Thanks Urban Decay, you’re special to me.

My Naked 2 (at the back, very worn out owing to a lotta loving) and Naked, front and centre! Foxy is the first eyeshadow on the Naked 2 and Naked is the third shadow and Buck is the fifth shadow in the front palette! 



L.

No comments:

Post a Comment