Tuesday 7 January 2014

OOTD

Today was an exploration day in London: I wanted an outfit that folded in the allure of smart-chic but that was comfortable enough to be able to spend the whole day in. I’d planned to walk around for hours.

…this outfit was predominantly inspired by the styling of Anne Hathaway in the movie, Love and Other Drugs. Set in the mid-to-late 90s, the outfit choices are carefully thought out to portray the eradication of gender-fuelled fashion choices, bringing in the androgynous quality in fashion that we see repeatedly today.


My two staple pieces in this outfit are my (ludicrously named) ‘Boyfriend’ coat (£58) and ‘Mom’ jeans (£40).

Although not a fan of their titles, I adore both these pieces as both perfectly adapt to a range of outfits.

I accessorised this with a belt from Topshop (£18) and  Ray-Ban Clubmasters (Christmas present). The plain, white t-shirt is from Brandy Melville ('Sheron top, about £10.)
The scarf is from a charity shop, and only cost £2!

I love the look of the Boyfriend coat as it creates such a great silhouette, and is perfect for day and night.
Its transformable quality makes it worth the money spent!
This clutch satchel is also a shoulder bag (Topshop, £28)
My trusty Dr. Martens

L.

4 comments: