Thursday 16 January 2014

Mini LUSH Haul

I'm a person that likes (emphasis on the likes and the absence of is early for things) to be early for things, but this can have its downsides. On the occasion that I am early, I am too early, and often find myself with more than an hour to waste. I'm sure I'll figure out the secret to time-keeping one day…
Anyways, whilst waiting for a lecture to begin, I found myself in a small LUSH store at Waterloo Station. I didn't go there with the intention of buying anything, but, being an impulse buyer, I left with 3 products.

I waited a week to write this blog post so that I could try out my new purchases enough to give a sufficient review. Drumroll please…

 Clockwise: Peace Massage Bar, Ocean Salt Body Scrub,
Charity Pot Moisturising Lotion
The first product I'd like to introduce is the LUSH Peace Massage Bar. Now, there were many massage bars on display and the variation was overwhelming! If you are in search for a massage bar, do not be afraid to tell the store assistants what exactly it is that you're looking for in a product. I specified that I preferred one that was moisturising, and was pointed towards the Peace bar. The scent of this bar isn't my favourite. I'm more partial to sweet scents, and this one gives off a musky aroma. However, it is definitely moisturising. I was advised not to use it too often, as the natural oils will definitely take its toll on my skin - understandable, you can have too much of a good thing! I have opted to use this massage bar after I shower after my workout. I feel like your muscles need a little TLC after some hard cardio. You simply rub it along your skin and massage the remnants left in like a regular moisturiser - the natural heat of your body cooperates with the bar to create a gentle moisturiser. You could even cut a bit off, place it in the microwave for a couple of seconds and apply it on like a lotion!
Added bonus' are that it's definitely therapeutic AND it looks like it'll last forever!

                                     


(The PEACE Massage Bar [50g] is available in LUSH stores for £6.95. You can also purchase it online here)

Whilst wandering about in the pint-sized store, I stumbled upon the Ocean Salt Scrub. Now, this product definitely caught my eye as I am a skin-care fanatic. I'm obsessed with the idea of flawless skin and tiny, impossible-to-see pores. Scrubs are therefore my go to. Say the words 'jojoba beads' or 'deep cleansing' and I'm all ears. I've only used the salt scrub twice (you don't want to expose your skin to too much salt. Like I said, too much of a good thing!!) but both times I've definitely felt a difference. This scrub is not only for your face, but your body too! Your arms and neck and chest and all the other parts of you get a good cleanse - it ticks all the boxes. Because salt erodes in water, you aren't left with salt granules all over your body. Also, the crystal blue salt layer is only about half an inch deep - the rest is a much more subtle concoction with less aggressive-sized fragments. I definitely look forward to the days (Sunday and Thursday!) when I use this product. 

                                             


(The Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub [120g pot] is available in LUSH stores for £7.25. You can also purchase it online here)

And finally I'd like to introduce the Charity Pot; a little modest product whose earnings go directly to charity! This was a definite added perk to the purchase and in my opinion, sets LUSH far ahead of other cosmetic companies; there is an emphasis on no animal testing, a sustainable and eco-friendly attitude and generous charity support. And on top of that, they do f*cking fantastic products.

BACK TO THE POINT…

I decided to pick up the Charity Pot just in case the massage bar did not appeal to me. I've been a previous owner of Celestial (which worked divinely) so I had an inbuilt trust towards the pots. This hand and body lotion definitely gives off the aroma of almonds and cocoa butter in a pleasingly discrete manner. And boy oh boy can it moisturise! I use it religiously, especially as winter has worked its business on my skin. It easily blends into your skin with no added oiliness and leaves it refreshed and looking hydrated! As the cheapest out of all the products I've reviewed, I might just class it as my favourite.

                                             

(The Charity Pot [95g] is available in LUSH stores for £6.75. You can also purchase it online here)

L.





***Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with LUSH cosmetics - I have not been sent these products but have bought them myself. These views are entirely my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment