Saturday 3 May 2014

Borough Market

It seems a bit unforgivable that I live in close proximity to Borough Market, but have yet to write about it in my blog post. I hang my head in shame. But don't fret - for I spent my late Saturday morning enjoying the hustle and bustle with my good friend Kiara.

We set off at around 3, which seemed like a 'safe' time to go. By safe, I don't mean protection from obscure weapons or burly looking members of the public that are far too sketchy to hold conversation with. No no no. I mean, safe from tourists.

It was not.

(I can't quite be so judgmental against tourists because I'm not a "proper Londoner" - I myself am just an 8 month-long tourist. I feel like I can classify myself as 'one of the people' after at least one year. Am I straying from the point? Yes.)

Despite the chaos of Borough Market on a Saturday and feeling like nobody knows how to walk properly, it's worth the trip every. single. time.

I felt a little too lazy to make lunch so I decided to silence my stomach by taking a trip to one of the food stalls. We perused the long line of selection until I had made my choice: The Boston Burger. Yeehaw. I was drawn in just by its name: the smells, the look, and the sound of the beef patty sizzling on the grill were all salivating bonuses that were definite deal sealers for me. At £5 (£7 if you want a double!) the Boston Burger is your non-standard, 'special' burger. It's no McDonalds fake or Burger King wannabe… it's the Macbook among Dell's, if you will.

Mouth watering beef. Melted ooh-la-la stilton cheese. Wiggle-inducing rocket (and I don't even like rocket!). Eye-opening onion chutney. All of these flavours tucked tightly in a white bun? Can I get an AMEN?!



Don't mind my tuft of hair. It can't be tamed.

Chow dat burger.


They also do a sausage equivalent?!?! If that's not
diversification, I dunno what is.

Seriously, great stuff. Especially when you had a tummy full of alcohol the night before.

We then perused a couple more stalls and the vitamin D soaked into our skin. Yay for a natural mood boost!

We ended our little trip at a juice bar. I hadn't yet tried these juices, but the smell of crushed fruit and veg emanated from the stall made it a done deal. I wanted the apple, mango and cucumber juice but they had no cucumber?! In a market?! Surrounded by vegetable stalls?! Shame. The juice I had (pineapple, mint and something I can't remember… oops. Turning 19 must be affecting me already.) was so refreshing but I didn't like all the mint leaves that made themselves comfortable in between my teeth. Ew. But at least it was fresh, and for £4, was a nice treat. My tummy did feel the tinge of acid after a while, but it can make do.









I had such a nice time at Borough and all though it is so close and the novelty has kind of worn out, it's still such a pleasure to visit with company. Yay for food-orientated activities.

L.





No comments:

Post a Comment