Tuesday 21 May 2013

OOTD - 21st May, 2013

Hello :)

Lovely day, isn't it? It started off really foggy, but by the time I got home, it was beautifullllll. I decided to slip out of the oversized jumper I went to college in, and slip into more summery attire.

This is what I came up with!


My lace, quasi-salmon pink crop top is from a cute little store called H&B.
Hearts & Bows (Manchester) is so dainty, and every time I visit my sister I always want to check it out. They do great grungey/punk clothes, for amazing prices - or, you can splash out on their super chic vintage section upstairs.
You can get cropped jumpers, dupes for disco pants, studded clothes and printed tees just to name a handful of things!
When I went, they were having a 20% off sale, so I think this top I purchased came to about £10!
It also came in the cutest bag.

(Sorry for the mirrored picture)

This top is thin, it's light and it's perfect for summer! What I really like about it is that it doesn't suffocate my arms like I felt the Topshop ones did - I think the colour also added a bit of excitement to the outfit, and its brightness is perfect for when the sun finally decides to show!
What I would recommend, though, is to wear a bandeau underneath it, as it is a bit revealing!

My a-line/asymmetrical skirt is from H&M (although I don't think it's sold online...) Once again, I think this was a really simple staple, which took a backseat in the outfit  - it acted as the foundation I worked around. I think the skirt was around £8.
I would advise wearing hot pants (or whatever coverage you prefer) underneath this as it isn't very opaque - the material is quite sheer, so you can see that cheeky butt!
What I think would be cool is to wear a leotard like this or this with this skirt... killing two birds with one stone, as they say!
Wearing a leotard would be a good alternative to a crop top, as you wouldn't have to show that bit of tummy if you didn't want to - for those of you out there that would rather keep it tucked in (including myself) a leotard is a fantastic alternative to simply tucking in a normal top because you don't get the 'bunching' that tends to happen around the waistline! 

And my trusty, over-worn Dr. Martens are from online (Amazon) but you can get them from so many places I'm sure you wouldn't need to search for long!

 :)


L.



No comments:

Post a Comment